We've been doing some baking around here....Karrie was off on Friday and we were so happy that she chose to spend her day with us!! =) I had envisioned having all of these cookies done at the end of the day but I forget how things get done with a 17mo old running around! Very slowly! Averie was very interested in what was going on and stood on our kitchen stool for most of the time to be in on the action. At the end of the day all we had made from start to finish were mini spritz! In packaging these babies up one fell off the counter and I caught it on my foot - maybe there was a lot of sugar in the air or something but Karrie and I thought it was the funniest thing and she grabbed the camera to document it...silly. So today I finished up the gingersnaps and also made some spiced walnuts and homemade marshmallows! I'm loving the marshmallows! They were so easy and they turned out great! I got the recipe from foodnetwork.com - Alton Brown's recipe. I tried cutting them out with a mini gingerbread man but didn't really like how that looked so I finished them in cubes. Can't wait to try them out in some hot chocolate! Can you guess who got to lick the beater? =) Do you bake the same things every year? Are you trying something new? Leave a comment, let us know!! =)
The last picture is a treat that Dave brought me home from his Christmas shopping this morning. I really wanted the peppermint body souffle' from Philosophy but the set w/the gel was just too much to buy so he was asking at the Philosophy counter in Macy's about just buying the souffle' which they said was not available...but then as he was walking away the woman told him to hold on and then gave him this regular size peppermint souffle' for FREE!!! Yay!! I was so excited, I've been using it all day and just love smelling like a candy cane! Isn't it fun to get something you don't expect or deserve! =)



3 comments:
Yum!! I have always wanted to make my own marshmallows. I was drooling looking at them! We'll have to make some when we come up to see you guys! Lucky you with the philosophy goody. =) Thanks for sharing!
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!!! I love the picture with Averie licking her lips full of marshmallow, I think!!
Thanks for the Christmas cactus honoring! Very cute. ps... so have you bought tickets yet???
What cute pics! I laughed when you commented on how little gets done with a toddler. Sadly, it's too true! I made homemade marshmallows one year and decided they were just too much work for the results. I'm glad you like yours. Hope you had a great Christmas. Would love to see some pictures of it. Kristin
Post a Comment