This year we made our first ever gingerbread house. I don't remember ever making one before and honestly I wasn't expecting to really enjoy this one - I didn't believe that the house would actual stand just by using icing...I was quite skeptical! My mom actually gave this kit to us years ago and amazingly was still intact-probably stale but none of put that to the test! Anway, I loved it! The royal icing was so easy to work with and I love how it hardened in whatever shape you piped it on! Averie enjoyed the candy and putting it on the icing - she only tried to eat a few of the pieces! It's not especially beautiful but we did have fun making it together! I forsee a tradition in the making! =)
The last two pictures are Averie in her 'big girl' holiday Strawberry Shortcake pajamas - of course she wouldn't smile for the camera!



No comments:
Post a Comment