Thursday, October 25, 2007

Frank Lloyd Wright 5k



So, Katie and I have been running again. I truly thank God for her commitment to work out with me!! It's a gift that is just priceless!! We started w/ a program that builds up your stamina....the first week you walk 6min, run 1min...and each week you decrease walking/increase running until you can run for 21min straight!! You may be skeptical but I am living proof that it works! =) At the end of September, me/Katie/and Karrie ran the Morton Arboretum 5k - now we had only been running for about 6wks at the time, our time was 47min! Most 5k'ers finish in about 10+ less min but it was really good for us! This past Sunday Karrie and I (Katie was MIA -that's another story!) ran the Frank Lloyd Wright 5k in Oak Park. Our time was 41:53 - more than 5min better than just a few weeks ago! My personal goal is to run one 5k per month to keep myself motivated! There seem to be several to choose from in the area - including a New Year's Day 5k downtown!! I think that would be great but I may be on my own. haha =) So, if you think about it, please pray that God would keep me healthy and that running will be a part of my life from now on. Thanks! What can I pray for you?

No comments: